What About Costs?
Financial Requirements and Strategies
Applicants for a new gTLD must demonstrate their financial capability to support the operation of a registry. Therefore, applicants are required to provide supportive financial information, including financial projections, costs, revenue projections and continuity and contingency planning. Also required are Letters of Credit (LOC) and/or deposit provisions and providing funding sources.
How WiseDots Can Be Invaluable
We will help clients prepare and present all the financial information. In order to maximize the probability of achieving the clients goals of gTLD approval and for the successful long-term operation of the Registry. Applications will be measured by an intricate scoring model. Only those applications obtaining certain scores being allowed to continue through the approval process. Services include:
- Education about the applicant guidebook; including what details are required, the reasons for the requests, how the scoring is expected to be performed, background information and potential bottlenecks to be mitigated.
- Administrative Assistance to complete application. A workpaper can be provided which allows our clients to simply fill out the workpaper in Q&A format, which we will then use to complete the templates and responses.
- Financial modeling. Creating a financial model tailored to the client to facilitate understanding of the financial resources required, the potential opportunities available.
- There can be two key outputs from the model.
- a report which can be used for the ICANN application which will maximize score and manage confidential or proprietary information.
- a tool to help manage the new gTLD registry with financial support for decision making, identification of resource requirements, clarity of opportunities...
- Obtaining funding. Analyses, financial reports, other reports required for presentation to funding sources. Identifying funding sources. Assistance with presenting to funding sources.
- Obtaining LOCs or financial guarantees. We provide analytical support and connections to banks who are prepared to respond to this now.
- Application completion strategy. The guidebook contains hundreds of questions each requiring careful consideration by the applicant. In order to maximize scoring, assumptions must be developed and research resources need to be put into place. Ensuring consistency of the responses, maximizing scoring, providing a professional presentation and aligning with your goals are all important considerations. Our deep understanding the ICANN process and decades of financial experience will be of tremendous benefit.
- CFO services. We can place a qualified CFO on your team, either as full-time employee or as a "fractional CFO". The CFO will be able to handle all financially related matters including, Board support, funding, financial structuring, accounting, controls, budgets, forecasts, financial modeling, etc.
- Provider/Partner Negotiation. We can facilitate introductions to and negotiation with key marketing, infrastructure, sales and registrar/registry operator providers and partners.